To drive legally in the United States, it is required to buy a certain amount of insurance to ensure that drivers take responsibility for their actions. Are you and your car insured? Are you familiar with the contents of your auto insurance policy? We’re here to help!

Below are a few of the different kinds of auto insurance. If you would like a professional agent to take a look at your plan, please feel free to contact KCAL Insurance Agency at 626-333-1111 and ask for our auto department!

The Auto Insurance Options

  • Liability

    If in the unfortunate event that a driver gets into an accident and is held responsible, liability coverage can compensate for the other party’s injuries and damages to their car or property. California state law requires the following to legally drive on the road:

    1. Bodily Injury Liability: the minimum the insured must buy is $15,000 per person but the total amount is $30,000.
    2. Property Damage Liability: the minimum the insured must buy is $5,000.

    Since medical expenses in the U.S. are expensive, it’s recommended to choose a higher risk insurance plan that’s within your budget.

  • Collision

    When a collision occurs, regardless of whether another vehicle crashes into you or your vehicle hits an object, after the deductible is met, the repair costs would be covered through collision coverage. Even if the vehicle is completely scrapped, the insurance company will still compensate you based on the state and current market value of the vehicle.

    Deductible options: $0, $100, $500, $1,000, and more

  • Comprehensive

    Comprehensive coverage covers any physical damage done to your car, caused by things such as fire, theft, hail, flooding, earthquakes, vandalism, animal collisions, and more—but only after you meet your deductible.

    Deductible options: $0, $100, $500, $1,000, and more

  • Uninsured Motorist

    Some drivers don’t have auto insurance, even when they’re legally required to have it. So if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, that driver may not be able to pay for your damages.

    Uninsured Motorist coverage protects you and your passengers from injury-related damages caused by either an uninsured driver or a hit-and-run driver. In a few states, damages to your car may also be included.

  • Medical Coverage

    Whether you are held accountable for the accident or not, medical insurance can cover you and your passengers’ medical expenses.

    If you don’t have health insurance and you often let others drive your car, you should consider buying medical coverage. In the event of a car accident, you will be able to take responsibility for the injuries done to other passengers on the car with the medical coverage.

  • Roadside Assistance

    Many people pay membership for the American Automobile Association every year for the sake of having roadside assistance and towing services. Did you know that many insurance companies have that included in their coverage in addition to providing even better protection?

    Not only do they provide unlimited roadside assistance services, but they also provide services such as jumping your car, changing a flat tire, pumping your tires, changing your oil, and many more. It even covers towing up to 100 miles.

  • Rental Coverage

    In California, it’s really hard to get around without a car! Renting a car for a short time period is expensive. If you get into a car accident and you make a claim for your damaged car, car rental coverage protects you for up to 30 days.

  • Warranty

    Many people go to their car dealership to buy warranty for their car. Did you know that many A-level insurance companies provide warranty as well?

    Not only is it cheap, but it’s even cheaper than the ones you buy at the dealership! You would be able to use it in both the U.S. and Canada, and you can even transfer the warranty to the next owner.

    Warranty is different from car insurance in the sense that regardless of how many times you need to repair damages on your car, the premium won’t increase, making it very cost-effective.

  • Gap Insurance

    Many people use loans or car rentals when buying a new car. Even if you buy full coverage, if the car is scrapped, the insurance company will only pay up to the market price.

    For those who just bought their car, the loss will be pretty big because there is a difference between loans and market prices. In this case, you might want to consider buying gap insurance, which could compensate for the value difference between the market price and the loan.