Obamacare’s yearly open enrollment is coming soon. Starting on October 11, consumers can use the Shop and Compare Tool to find out their plan options and monthly premium price for their 2018 coverage. Feel free to apply or renew from Covered California or contact us at KCAL Insurance!
There have been a lot of changes in the 2018 insurance marketplace. Please see the following important notices:
1. Open Enrollment starts on November 1, 2017 and ends on January 31, 2018. If you would like your insurance plan to become effective on January 1, 2018, please renew and select a new plan by December 15, 2017.
2. In 2018, insurance rates will jump an average of 12.5 percent. Without clarity on funding for ACA cost-sharing subsides, an additional charge averaging 30 percent will be added onto silver plans.
3. Starting on January 1, 2018, Anthem Blue Cross is withdrawing from certain regions of the state and will only offer plans in three regions of Northern California, which includes Region 1 (Redding County/Far North), Region 7 (Santa Clara County), and Region 10 (Stockton/Modesto County). If you are a member of Anthem Blue Cross, your current individual health plan will be automatically cancelled by the end of 2017. If you are under Covered California’s on-exchange health plan and don’t take any kind of action, your current plan will auto map to the lowest cost plan within the same metal tier. If your individual health plan is a grandfathered plan, this change will not affect you.
4. Since Molina has had an excellent operating year in 2017, Molina paid back 70 million to the insurance risk pool this year to help other carriers close the insurance gap. As a result, Molina’s health plan premium will have an increase of over 50%. If you or your friends are insured under Molina’s plan, please contact us as soon as possible and we will help you find a new plan during Open Enrollment.
5. Starting on January 1, 2018, Blue Shield’s Bronze 5550 PPO plans, Silver Seven 3750 PPO plans, and several IFP Grandfathered plans will no longer be available. Please contact us as soon as possible during Open Enrollment and we will help you find a new individual health plan.
If you have any health insurance related questions, please contact KCAL Insurance to get more information! We have certified agents ready to assist you with your health insurance needs.
Contact us now at 888-851-5889, your preferred health insurance specialists!